Custom-made Rain Jacket Safety Vest

Clothing that aids EDC - jackets, pants, shirts, and so on.

Moderator: m3ngk3

m3ngk3

Custom-made Rain Jacket Safety Vest

Post by m3ngk3 »

Having covered several events with a team of volunteer first aiders, I noticed that we keep buying varying designs of safety vests because "this design looks cooler, let's all get it as our uniform".

However, I realise the slight lack of functionality when it comes to sudden downpour while we are donning the safety vest.
Should it rain suddenly, we will be caught unprepared and drenched. Carry and use of umbrella sometimes inhibit what we can do as compared to when we are operating handsfree.

So I have customised a rain jacket with safety vest (sleeves removable). The initial thought was to allow me to be prepared at all times, so my first aid and other EDC items are on the safety vest side even when I'm wearing it as a jacket.

Should the need arises, I can wear the flipside and be ready to render assistance to injured persons.
Currently it is on trial and with Singapore's weather in mind, I hope to improve it further with the help of other individuals who are looking into your personal safety and yet functionality for your Every Day Wear / Every Day Gear.
--
Michael Lim
Serving with Passion, Compassion and Professionalism
Heartlander

Re: Custom-made Rain Jacket Safety Vest

Post by Heartlander »

That is cool. What if our function is to evade and avoid attention, can we use a normal design for the vest?
m3ngk3

Post by m3ngk3 »

Heartlander wrote: 07 Sep 2019 14:57 That is cool. What if our function is to evade and avoid attention, can we use a normal design for the vest?
If you are looking at customising one for yourself, my suggestion is to go look around first as there are multiple variants of vests and jackets available in the market that may already fit your needs.

Otherwise, you may "grab" ideas and collate the functionalities that appeal to you to customise your "grayman" jacket or vest.

Hope this helps!
--
Michael Lim
Serving with Passion, Compassion and Professionalism
Heartlander

Post by Heartlander »

Just realised there is a reply...
Agree, as long as it looks 'normal' ..

Return to “EDC Clothing”