Really Tiny Kits

Leatherman, Gerber, SOG, and more. These tools do so much but there is always room for improvement.
Penitent_Soul

Really Tiny Kits

Post by Penitent_Soul »

Hey guys

If there's one thing that interests me, it's tiny survival kits. I personally carry what some would call an Altoids kit – an old tin repurposed to carry small survival and EDC gear. One example of an Altoids kits (which is also one of a series of videos which got me started on tiny kits), is this one by The Urban Prepper:

This video inspired me to make my own Altoids kit, which I have also revised a few times to streamline and optimise it.

As many preppers online would say, it is best to customise your own tiny kit to fit your needs (but some things will be essential, such as means to start a fire with, something to signal rescue with, some tinder, a small blade, water purification tablets, and maybe a compass). However, if I recently found a ready-made kit by SOL, of which there is a review here:

So... Caught the tiny kit fever yet?
adrianfoo

Re: Really Tiny Kits

Post by adrianfoo »

I once considered this but end of the day, really depends on what you are preparing for. Urban Prepper's videos are really good if you want a structured way to build your BOB. His altoids tins aren't too bad either. Altoids tins rust in SG just in case you wanna know.
Penitent_Soul

Post by Penitent_Soul »

Yeah. I really like Urban Prepper's videos and kits - all very organised.

As for the rust issue... my kit has some wear and tear on the outside from use, but it's holding together so far. I haven't seen any rust on the inside for now.
adrianfoo

Post by adrianfoo »

yah agree that urban prepper's videos are excellent. his way of building his bob and stuff are very structured.

Now to test the gear and kit. have you tested your kit?
Penitent_Soul

Post by Penitent_Soul »

Yep. Most of the things inside it have seen use. I think I've used almost everything inside it at least once, minus some single use items like the tiny light stick.

Do you (or does anyone else) have a really tiny kit?
adrianfoo

Post by adrianfoo »

i don't have a tiny kit per se.

I have a travel kit (pelican type tough case small).

There is space for space blanket, mini candle, lighter, 2600mAh power bank, flash lights, firesteel etc. just short of a silicon cup lol
Alan Extreme

Post by Alan Extreme »

I have a tiny kit

Return to “MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools”