Watch for everyday use

Moderator: Heartlander

Heartlander

Watch for everyday use

Post by Heartlander »

Most of us have a favourite watch that we like to use everyday. I try to rotate 2 or 3 watches over the week. It has to be waterproof, tough, automatic (no batteries) if possible and look presentable.
Recently, I bought a watch to use as a general, everyday watch. It waterproof, tough, automatic and it uses a 24 hour dial.
It is a Vostok Komandirskie. Made of stainless steel body, looks good, clear face and a nice bezel. The steel strap looks quite crappy so I changed it to a NATO strap.
Bought it via ebay with free shipping for SGD 117/-
Let me know what you all think.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stephen
Site Admin

Re: Watch for everyday use

Post by Stephen »

Nice watch. May I know what model is this?
Heartlander

Post by Heartlander »

This is the VOSTOK KOMANDIRSKIE 650541 24 hour dial. I had wearing it on and off for the past 4 weeks. Keeps good time and less than a minute difference every week. Shock resistant. It can be hand-wind too. If you all are really interested, you may buy from eBay - Moscowtimeseller - very reliable and highly recommended by buyers worldwide. However, the covid19 situation in Russia has caused shipments to be delayed from 2 weeks to 3 months.
soundscapist

Post by soundscapist »

Another one i think is pretty good as a general purpose EDC is the Casio GW-M6510.

Water resistant to 200 metres,
Shock resistant
Tough Solar power
Multi-band 6 Atomic timekeeping
2020-05-05 13-47 1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Heartlander

Post by Heartlander »

Looks really tough and and shock proof.
Felixxe

Post by Felixxe »

My all time favourite casual Komandirskie wristwatch:

Return to “Watches”